Check out my other blog HERE

Wednesday, December 7

Day 48 – Something you feel strongly about.

I get very passionate about the way that Latinos (and other darker skinned people) are often treated/misjudged/generalized in this country.  I feel like skeezy human beings come from all races, religions, cultures and countries.  And yet people in this country show a disproportionate amount of mistrust towards darker skinned people.


And while I'm at it, let me say this: I get tired of constantly hearing illegal immigrants get blamed for every problem this country has.  What power do these people have?  The illegal immigrants that I know are good people who are completely powerless to do anything to change their situation.  People who are dishonest and cheat the system will continue to do so whether they are legal or illegal citizens.  Let's talk about the lack of integrity and fiscal responsibility of those people in positions of power for a change.  Not that I think placing blame on anyone actually helps any bad situation.


Did you know we educate ALL children in this country regardless of their citizenship?  Unfair?  Not really.  Whatever children are in this country, will most likely grow up to be adults in this country.  I think we can all agree that it would be nice to have better educated adults throughout society.


I don't like ANYONE who lives off the government.  BUT I don't have a problem if my taxes go to help ANYONE who really needs it.  I don't like welfare leaches whether they're citizens of this country or not.  I don't like people who steal things, whether it's social security numbers or skeezy business practices.  


I guess I get mad when people say that illegal immigrants are sucking up all of our money.  I don't see how anyone can honestly determine that.  Don't even get me started on how impossible/expensive the process to gain citizenship is.  


Ok.  I've ranted enough.  I'm done.

2 comments:

Mrs. Boojwa said...

My friend, Joshua, discovered years ago when he got off his mission that a man (presumably of Latin blood, based off of his name) had been using his social security number. Instead of reporting him, he let him use it since he hasn't damaged his credit. He jokes about sending him a Christmas card every year. What do you think about that?

Having family members who are immigrants, and have waited a long time to come over here, I understand that it is difficult to make it into the country honestly and to live the "American dream." I agree that reform is needed to help people who want to do things honestly. I also support deporting people who are here illegally and are actually causing problems (like when people are creating crime, and law enforcement finds out they are not here legally type of thing).

Spraz said...

Ha ha, go Joshua! I have a list of about 100 people in Argentina that I would love to give my social security number to. A complete stranger though? It seems a little sketch, but if it's not affecting his credit, why not, I guess.