Check out my other blog HERE

Thursday, February 12

Ugly Utah Plates.



It's BIG. It's ORANGE. It's the Utah license plate. There's no way I was going to get the plate that had a skier on it. No need to remind me that Utah is snowy and freezing all winter long.
I was so sad to succumb to the law, but it was time for me to register in Utah since I guess I do live here now (wierd). I got my plates at the beginning of January, but then they just sat in my car until January 30th when I realized I had better get my new plates on because my Oregon stickers had expired and I really didn't want to get pulled over for expired tags. I had just gotten home from work, and the sun was already going down but there was a little bit of light, and I just wanted to get the job done.



So with the help of a leatherman (the only tool we have in our entire house of 5 girls) and my roommate Andrea there to document the whole experience, I had a license plate changing ceremony. It was a sad day and the end of an era for me and my car.



I think my favorite part is that I am still wearing my dress and shoes from work. The neighbors thought I was wierd--my car was parked on the road so everyone who drove by slowed down and stared at me.



I am and always will be an Oregon girl at heart!

2 comments:

Joy said...

That was one of the worst days in my life too! I hated it. I have gotten used to them now though.

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Ha. I STARTED with Utah plates. How do you think that makes me feel???