Check out my other blog HERE

Friday, October 30

Why couldn't a 15 year old say this when I was actually 15?

Some of you may have heard the story about how one of my students, let's call him Sam, came up to me a few month ago when he was supposed to be speaking in Spanish with his partner, let's call him Mark and said, "Miss Spravzoff, don't take this the wrong way but....you're one of the better looking teachers at this school." I couldn't keep a straight face so I just turned around and walked away.

WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT PEOPLE????

So then a week later Mark (Sam's buddy) started calling me "caliente" any time I was within earshot. I told him I would call his mother and have him explain why he calls me that...so that pretty much got him to stop.

Well, yesterday Sam came running in trying to give me hug because he's transferring schools and it was his last day at ERMS. I diverted and tried to side hug and it's a very good thing I did considering what he said in front of the whole class about 5 minutes later.

We were discussing what Halloween movies are the scariest and he blurts out, "SeƱorita, if you were like 15 I would totally date you." I tried to laugh it off because it's so ridiculous but I put a straight face on and said "Sam that's really innapropriate". Fortunately his friend, we'll call her Jaime, said, "Sam you can't say stuff like that to teachers, that's just wrong." The class was oddly quiet for once. "Okay," I said, "so has anyone seen The Others"...Just another awkward moment in the lives of 9th graders and their crazy Spanish teacher.


PS. That was "sam's" last day at Elk Ridge, thank goodness.

1 comment:

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Lol. That is HIL-A-RI-OUS! :) At least your kids liked you. I ended up being meanie teacher last year. 6th graders are terrible.