Check out my other blog HERE

Sunday, April 18

I'm Thirsty

I have a good life.  The end.












I am incredibly fortunate.  I have some really cool opportunities living here in Salt Lake.  One is being able to work in the Salt Lake Temple.  I can't tell you how many Argentines were so jealous of the fact that I have been to temple square and the conference center, and here I am, getting to spend every other Saturday working in the most iconic temple of our dispensation.  I am lucky that I still get to see many of my friends from college.  I am lucky that I basically fell into my job on a fluke and I have one prep and get to teach only Spanish 2.  I am lucky that I have enough money for my needs (obviously not all of my wants--we always want more than we have--right now I really want braces and can't afford it).  I have a comfortable place to live, a reliable car and my health.  Living in Salt Lake I have gotten to rub shoulders with some pretty cool people.

A couple things have been on my mind.  One was going to do sealings this weekend.  I honestly can't even put into words how I felt.  The spirit was very strong and a lot of feelings came to me about what my parents must have felt as they were sealed and then to me.  The other thing on my mind was a conference talk where somebody mentioned how we live far beneath our privileges.  I think that I am blessed now, but I know that I have untapped resources and opportunities.  I know that I can have even more spiritual power if I am willing to put in the effort.  I used to think my trainer was crazy for always talking about "poder espiritual" but I think I'm starting to get what she meant.

Sorry if this post seems cryptic and/or disjointed.  Lot's on my mind.



1 comment:

Mrs. Boojwa said...

You're so funny. I read "I'm Thirsty" on my blog and thought to myself, "ME TOO!" I'm glad you are able to see all the blessings that you are able to enjoy. I've been reading the NT & BOM with a gratitude theme in mind and I'm realizing more how humility and gratitude go hand in hand. And I am tres jealous you get to work in the SLC temple. Lucky!